When it comes to creating PPC ads and push campaigns for various channels, there’s a lot to work on, from conducting market research to choosing your target audience to finally launching the ad in multiple formats.
When there is already so much to be taken care of, who wouldn’t want to save up on some time and a few bucks as well? That’s when creative automation comes into the picture.
What is creative automation?
Earlier, designers would have to manually hand-craft each design asset for every campaign to maintain quality and brand consistency. More often than not, it involves a lot of repetitive work tweaking the master designs to make what designers like to call 'adapts.'
Instead of replacing the work of creative experts, these tools are designed to assist them by handling the more repetitive, low-skilled components of designing, such as developing versions of digital ads for different channels or localization. Since campaign assets require consistent branding and a coherent campaign theme, slight adjustments are needed to fit with regional markets & channel standards. This usually requires multiple assets with minor variations in size, format, and text language.
Creative automation offers a much-needed helping hand in dealing with the high-pressure demands of modern personalized content marketing; as tailored, micro-targeted campaigns are in higher demand than ever.
Why should you automate your creative production?
Creative automation solutions are intended to relieve designers & marketers of the burden of manually creating innumerable, virtually identical copies of each item to provide personalization. Such tools enable marketers to become self-sufficient and quickly develop brand-consistent content without the back & forth with designers.
To list a few out of the many benefits of automated creation:
- Creation at scale: You can scale without repeating any steps by creating a master template once and then producing unlimited copies by providing data.
- Less dependence on the design team: Designers are busy people. Marketing teams do not need to depend on the design team, which means less involvement of the creative experts at every stage of the content lifecycle.
- On-Brand highly personalized assets: Creative automation tools empower marketers to develop content themselves. At the same time, designers have peace of mind that published assets are always on-brand, thanks to the ability to determine which brand aspects may or may not be modified. You can also create templates that are brand-consistent or import existing ones.
- Quicker time-to-market: These tools enable teams to scale their content quickly, providing high-quality creative output, addressing a rising operational issue of under-pressure creative professionals and demanding marketers.
- Lightning-fast localization: With the necessity of localizing content for regional markets rising, creative automation makes it much easier to swiftly develop asset variations in other languages by eliminating the need to start from scratch. Automation makes it possible to attract and hold user attention with high-quality advertising that is available in their native language.
Do I need creative automation?
If the answer to any of the questions below is a yes; then you should definitely explore creative automation.
- If you are producing over 500 image assets in a month
- If there is a lot of back & forth between marketers & designers
- If you reuse a lot of designs in campaigns
- If you have a small design team and it is over-burdened
- If you would like to connect with your audience with highly personalized images in your communication
Creative automation will be a norm very soon. The early adopters can take the advantage today.